cayenne-user mailing list archives

From MGarg...@escholar.com
Subject servlet filter and the Configuration
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2010 16:07:22 GMT
Okay,

        So I think I've made some progress since my question yesterday.  I
have a bean in Spring that is a ConfigurationFactory.  It returns a
singleton and the dataSource can be obtained from that.  Now I just need
to get that configuration loaded on web startup.  I guess I need to write
a filter because all the filters (the one in cayenne and the click
project) create a new shared configuration on init with ServletUtil.  I
guess I want to override those init()'s and get a reference to my bean and
call initialize() on it directly.  Is that correct?  When I do this will
that Configuration become the shared configuration?  If not how do I make
it the shared configuration? Any other gotchas I should be aware of when
doing this by hand?

Thanks.
-Mike