cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Lindesay <...@lindesay.co.nz>
Subject Re: Fetching Specified "Raw Rows" with SelectQuery
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:11:31 GMT
Hi Andrus;

I think this would be really great until a formal means of configuring the property-paths
to retrieve as "data rows" is publically-available; are you able to apply that to STABLE-3.0
for me?

cheers.

> I won't oppose this particular change, as long as you realize the risk of relying on
this semi-private API.
>> Would it be possible to make the method;
>>
>> 	SelectTranslator.buildResultColumns()
>>
>> ...protected so that I could potentially try to override it, pull the SQL out and
run it manually to get the primary keys?
>>> Currently none of the resolved objects will be turned into faults. We discussed
swapping out pages, using some algorithm (e.g. LRU). It was decided that we can't predict
in all cases what to swap out, so that was put on hold. I think we even have a Jira for it
somewhere. Not supported at the moment though.

___
Andrew Lindesay
www.silvereye.co.nz