cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: count(*) with parameter
Date Sun, 18 Apr 2010 16:43:40 GMT
Arnaud,

If I understand you, I think you want to do this in the code and not the modeler?

Here is a simple code fragment for a like-ignore-case qualifier:

	String substring = "Martin";
	ObjectContext oc = BaseContext.getThreadObjectContext();
	Expression exp = ExpressionFactory.likeIgnoreCaseExp(Product.NAME_PROPERTY, ("%" + substring
+ "%"));
	SelectQuery query = new SelectQuery(Product.class, exp);
	List list = oc.performQuery(query);
	System.out.println("\ncount: " + list.size());

This is pretty efficient and to my knowledge does not trigger any DataObject faults.  There
are a few other ways to do this depending on your design.  The ExpresionFactory has a lot
of powerful methods to help you out.

Joe