cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Elementary Question
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 00:03:32 GMT
I apologize for this, but I am being forced to verify a configuration that is pretty obvious.

Please refer to the attached CM configuration panel for an Entity.

1. The Primary Key "PK Generation Strategy" is set to "Database-Generated".  Please verify
that this means that the PK Generation Strategy is Database Generated.
2. The Primary Key "Auto Increment" is set to "oid (INTEGER)".  Please verify that the field
being auto-incremented is "oid".
3. Please verify that (with the DBMS set to MySQL) that the two previous parameters instruct
MySQL to use its auto_increment feature to create a new "oid" value for inserted records.

Thanks
Joe