cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@ish.com.au>
Subject Re: Fetching Specified "Raw Rows" with SelectQuery
Date Sun, 25 Apr 2010 12:10:14 GMT
On 25/04/10 8:33 PM, Andrew Lindesay wrote:
> In actual fact, I want to get the primary keys so that I can randomly page-through a
list of ObjectId-s faulting a page at a time.

Are you perhaps misunderstanding the way pagination works or am I missing what you want to
do? When you get a paginated result set, you still get the number of entity objects in the
List corresponding to the entire result. But only the first page of results will be completely
'fleshed out'. The remainder are hollow and will be fetched when you try to read from them.
So you can easily randomly page through the list.

I'm not sure if this also happens when you fetch raw rows, since I've never used that Cayenne
functionality.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis