cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne and EJB
Date Sun, 11 Apr 2010 13:47:04 GMT
Hi Michael,

I am not aware of any tutorials specifically dealing with EJB
integration, but it should definitely be possible to use Cayenne. Two
things I can think about that may help in the EJB environment:

1. Checking "container managed transactions" for the DataDomain in the
modeler. This would prevent Cayenne from committing JDBC connections,
letting the container handle that.

2. Use thread-bound ObjectContext
(BaseContext.bindThreadObjectContext(..)), so that the same context
and its ojects can be shared between all EJBs in the same transaction.
(there may be other patterns of context use as well, this is just most
common and natural one).

Andrus