cayenne-user mailing list archives

From MGarg...@escholar.com
Subject Switching databases
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 18:40:48 GMT
Hi,

        I'm looking into using Cayenne as a backend ORM technology
replacing hibernate.  Currently our product supports multiple DBMSes (SQL
Server, Oracle, DB2) depending on what the client already has installed.
In hibernate when switching between oracle and sql server, for example, is
just a matter of changing the dialect.  Is there a recommended way in
Cayenne to generate models in a generic way so that the backend DBMS can
be swapped out in code?  (How is auto id generation effected?  How are
stored procs. handled?  etc.)  I only see articles related to running
across multiple DBMSes.

Thanks.
-Mike