cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Cayenne Modeler - Local DataSources
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 16:42:38 GMT
More info:

Cayenne Version: cayenne-3.0RC2
OS: OSX
CM: OSX

I just did a test:

From Local Datasources pane,
1. select "New"
2. fill in the fields
3. select "Test" (it was successful),
4. select "Save".
5. Close CM
6. Re-open project using CM
7. view Local Datasources
	- the new datasource is not in the list
	- the datasource for the wrong project has been substituted

This does not appear to be correct or intuitive behavior for CM.  Have I missed a step?

On Mar 29, 2010, at 12:32 PM, Joe Baldwin wrote:

> I am having a problem with Cayenne Modeler - Edit Preferences - Local DataSources.
>
> I am working with three projects right now and have created three separate project directories.
 I am using Cayenne Modeler to manage the datasource design.  Unfortunately when I move from
one project to another the Preferences do not seem to maintain integrity.

> For example the Local DataSources from the first project continues to show up for the
third project and the new datasources do not show up.   Now, it might seem logical that the
DataSources be maintained separately from the project and CM might be doing this, however
when I add a new datasource, and save it, it reverts back to the old set of datasources.

> The selected datasource does not appear to be saved between projects, and if I add a
new one, it does not appear to save it.  (Yes, I did select the "Save" button at the bottom
of the "Local Datasources" pane.