cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Cayenne Modeler - Local DataSources
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 16:32:51 GMT
I am having a problem with Cayenne Modeler - Edit Preferences - Local DataSources.

I am working with three projects right now and have created three separate project directories.
 I am using Cayenne Modeler to manage the datasource design.  Unfortunately when I move from
one project to another the Preferences do not seem to maintain integrity.

For example the Local DataSources from the first project continues to show up for the third
project and the new datasources do not show up.   Now, it might seem logical that the DataSources
be maintained separately from the project and CM might be doing this, however when I add a
new datasource, and save it, it reverts back to the old set of datasources.

The selected datasource does not appear to be saved between projects, and if I add a new one,
it does not appear to save it.  (Yes, I did select the "Save" button at the bottom of the
"Local Datasources" pane.

So, my questions are:

1. is the datasource list kept in a separate configuration by CM?
2. How do I manage the DataSource list so that the new datasource is saved?
3. How do I manage the project so I can control which datasource selection.

Thanks,
Joe