cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Borut BolĨina <borut.bolc...@gmail.com>
Subject Loading data maps from JARs
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 12:38:55 GMT
Hi,

I am still pursuing the idea of loading cayenne configuration files from
different locations. I need an advice on how to load mapping files from
different location other then the same location as cayenne.xml.

I am looking at the source code (Configuration, DefaultConfiguration,
RuntimeLoadDElegate, ResourceLocator,...) and did't just figured it out.

I have project-model1 with:
cayenne.xml
my-map-1.map.xml
and some data object classes

and project-model2 with
cayenne.xml
my-map-2.map.xml
and some data object classes.

Now in my web project I need data objects from both JARs (project-model1.jar
and project-model2.jar). The web project has "manually crafted" cayenne.xml
which is read by

        DefaultConfiguration conf = new
DefaultConfiguration("my-manually-crafted-cayenne.xml");
        Configuration.initializeSharedConfiguration(conf);

my-manually-crafted-cayenne.xml looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<domains project-version="3.0.0.1">
<domain name="MyDomain">
    <map name="my-map-1" location="my-map-1.map.xml"/>
    <map name="my-map-2" location="my-map-2.map.xml"/>

    <node name="my-map-1Node"
         datasource="dbcp-1.properties"
         factory="org.apache.cayenne.conf.DBCPDataSourceFactory">
            <map-ref name="my-map-1"/>
     </node>

     <node name="my-map-2Node"
         datasource="dbcp-2.properties"
         factory="org.apache.cayenne.conf.DBCPDataSourceFactory">
            <map-ref name="my-map-2"/>
     </node>
</domain>
</domains>

Question is: Can ResourceLocator be configured to read mapping files
my-map-1.map.xml and my-map-2.map.xml from the root of project-model1.jar
and project-model2.jar?

The DefaultConfiguration read from classpath, but it seems it does not find
mapping files inside the JARs (at root of it).

Thanks for tips,
Borut