cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Borut Bolčina <borut.bolc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Merging Configuration from Multiple Deployment Units
Date Sat, 13 Feb 2010 13:05:00 GMT
Thanks Andrus,

so the approach I would take now is NOT to have cayenne in any project-model
jar.

Those deployment units should only have *.map.xml file and then all
applications needing one or more of the data objects from those deployment
units have a custom cayenne.xml.

This would be awkward for the modeller if at all possible?

The other scenario is of course for each top project to have copies of
*.map.xml files of those deployment units holding data objects. This
violates DRY principle which brings a maintenance responsibility for syncing
mapping files across all projects.

I can also imagine having one giant project-model with all the data objects
defined in it for all the different databases in a company (across all
company projects), but that doesn't seem very modular.

Anyone with any good practice advice?

Cheers,
Borut