cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Relationship & Sort Ordering
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2010 20:18:07 GMT
Lucas,

It looks like your example is the standard way to perform sort-ordering on a SelectQuery.

In the scenario I am working on, I have a CayenneDataObject that has a to-many relationship
that the obj returns as a list.  The list is created as the result of what I presume is some
sort of SelectQuery auto-generated by Cayenne.

Currently I am doing "in-memory sorting of lists" described in the "Using Orderings" section
of the Cayenne Guide.

This is working quite well, but I realized that the toMany list should be sorted in all cases.
 Therefore I was wondering if Cayenne has a way to modify what I assume is the auto-generated
SelectQuery associated with the relationship so that it can be applied in all cases.

Thanks,
Joe

On Feb 19, 2010, at 2:44 PM, Lucas Holt wrote:

> Joe Baldwin wrote:
>> I need to sort-order a list returned from a to-many relationship.  It is logical
that this ordering be applied in all cases.

>> Question:
>> Is there a simple way to apply this by modifying the SelectQuery associated with
the relationship or should I just sort order the list each time it is returned?