cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Lachlan Deck <lachlan.d...@gmail.com>
Subject split expressions
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 04:13:28 GMT
Hi there (particularly Andrus),

I notice in CAY-514[1] that there's a split syntax using the pipe symbol that works for matchAll
expressions. Is this the only possible way of achieving split expressions?

If we have two expressions (initialised separately - but combined for the select) that happen
to be testing the same keyPath across a toMany is it possible to enforce similar behaviour
somehow?

e.g.,
Expression e1 = ExpressionFactory.like("cousins.firstName", "fred");
Expression e2 = ExpressionFactory.like("cousins.firstName", "joe");
Expression e = e1.andExp(e2);

The resulting sql removes duplicate joins and thus produces no results.

Trying with pipes fails to resolve the paths:
Expression e1 = ExpressionFactory.like("cousins.|firstName", "fred");
Expression e2 = ExpressionFactory.like("cousins.|firstName", "joe");
// throws exceptions at runtime

So is it possible to make this work other than using matchAll?

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-514

with regards,
--

Lachlan Deck