cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Lachlan Deck <lachlan.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using an Escaped LIKE Clause
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2010 02:06:19 GMT
Hi Andrew,

On 28/01/2010, at 12:41 PM, Andrew Lindesay wrote:

> Hello;
>
> A question about escaping a LIKE qualifier;
>
> 	ExpressionFactory.likeExp(...,...)
>
> JDBC specifies the ability to use '%' and '_' as matchers for characters and a character
respectively.  It is then possible to escape use of those characters as in the following example;

> 	SELECT a FROM tabA WHERE a LIKE '%=_' {escape '='}
>
> I can't easily see a means by which one can specify the "escape" clause in a SelectQuery
-- can anybody shed some light on this for me.

I'm sure Andrus and other committers will respond in time (being in a differing timezone)...
but if SelectQuery doesn't do it, you might be able to do so with EJBQL.

with regards,
--

Lachlan Deck