cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Marek Šabo <ms...@buk.cvut.cz>
Subject DataObject expiring?
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 20:13:36 GMT
Hi all,

is there any way that a dataobject could expire? I mean i'm storing
user's settings dataobject in session and after a while, say max 5 min.
when I try to submit a form that binds this data as foreign key I got a
nullpointer exception from setting up that relationship. I think it
does't expire in session because I'm still logged in and only way is to
logout and login back to have the setting reloaded from database.
Appending end of stacktrace:

        at
org.apache.cayenne.util.RelationshipFault.isTransientParent(RelationshipFault.java:70)
        at
org.apache.cayenne.util.PersistentObjectList.isFault(PersistentObjectList.java:75)
        at
org.apache.cayenne.util.PersistentObjectList.add(PersistentObjectList.java:125)
        at
org.apache.cayenne.CayenneDataObject.addToManyTarget(CayenneDataObject.java:282)
        at
org.apache.cayenne.CayenneDataObject.setReverseRelationship(CayenneDataObject.java:364)
        at
org.apache.cayenne.CayenneDataObject.setToOneTarget(CayenneDataObject.java:315)

Thanks for any ideas,

Regards

--
Marek Šabo