cayenne-user mailing list archives

From John Armstrong <siber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cayenne code generation - pointers requested
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2010 09:15:19 GMT
I'm using GXT which has a pretty strong preference for its own
'BeanModel'  (thin wrapper around a javabean that understands GXT) for
grid population etc.

That (in my mind) means I am either serializing Cayenne Models -> JSON
-> BeanModels or just going from Cayenne Model -> BeanModel so I
decided to skip the JSON step.

Outside of easy GXT integration the only other thing I get are
enumerations (supposedly) which I use in a few important places in my
models.

Does that make sense? I haven't done much straight GWT which is much
different then GXT so the interactions may be different.

I am very interested in what you are doing, finding someone using GWT
and Cayenne is not so common!

John-