cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrey Razumovsky <razumovsky.and...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cayenne code generation - pointers requested
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2010 08:43:51 GMT
I'm currently using Cayenne and GWT. I think the question should be if it is
worth it to convert server beans to client beans. Do you really need data
objects on client side? With a lack of reflection they cannot be easily used
in UI. I think this only produces unneeded convertion.
What I do is convert CDOs to JSON on server side, this is done with
XML-based descriptions (which look much like json-taglib, but are
standalone) and use only JSON-based data on client side.
What do you think?

--
Andrey