cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Using MySQL Encryption Function to Store Password
Date Sun, 24 Jan 2010 02:37:49 GMT
Hi,

I had this very same question some time ago, and the overwhelming opinion was to use the Java
encryption over a DBMS-specific solution. I am using the javax.crypto package.  I handle the
encryption with a wrapper class and simply store the resulting string in the database using
standard Cayenne.

I now agree with all of those people who suggested that I go with the standard Java encryption
vs MySQL.

Hope this helps,
Joe