cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Temporary ID hasn't been replaced on commit
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:37:38 GMT

On Dec 10, 2009, at 10:03 AM, Juergen Saar wrote:

> I've seen it too, but it's not really what I'm looking for ... it
> should be good for a workaround, so that I can find my PrimaryKey

There's no ResultIterator API anymore to read ID's from a wider row.
But yes, you can create the ID yourself from the DataRow returned.

> What I'm not really sure with Cayenne-3: What is the Best Practise for
> Batchprocessing really big Resultsets. I used the ResultIterator
> because of it's small footprint.

ResultIterator is.

>>>  I'm missing the method  nextObjectId(DbEntity
>>> entity) ... in the API-Docs it is still documented.

Hmm.. Where did you see it? It can't be in the Javadocs (as it's not
in the interface). I found one piece of old docs though:

http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/iterating-through-data-rows.html

On this page "nextDataRow" is used instead of "nextRow".

Andrus