cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Relationships
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 20:01:21 GMT
re: Cayenne 3.0M6

I have a question about the following scenario:

1. a parent-child relationships exists between two entities (tables).
This is one-to-one
2. two sessions exist
3. the first session adds the two entities
4. the second session fetches the two entities
5. then the first session modifies data in both entities

Question:
Should the second session see the changes in the child as well as the
parent?

(The reason I ask this is that I in the scenario above, the second
session only sees the changes made to the parent and  not the child.
The data was verified as changed correctly in the MySQL DB.  The
changes to the child were made visible only after the server was
restarted)