cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Object Caching
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 13:53:27 GMT
As mentioned in the docs, individual objects and query lists are
cached independently. Of course query lists contain a subset of cached
object store objects inside the lists. An object won't get gc'd if it
is also stored in the query list.

Now list cache expiration is controlled via query cache factory. By
default this is an LRU map, so as long as the map has enough space to
hold lists (its capacity == # of lists, not # of objects), the objects
won't get gc'd.

You can explicitly remove entries from the cache via QueryCache remove
and removeGroup methods. Or you can use a different QueryCacheFactory
that implements some custom expiration/cleanup mechanism.

Andrus