cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: DataContext.deleteObjects()
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 16:55:33 GMT
Perhaps I could ask this question a different way.

I understand that deleting nested parent-child-grandchild-etc lists can be very specific to
a particular design.  So what is the most efficient use of Cayenne classes to delete a family
(aka tree) of parent-child persistence objects?

Thanks
Joe

On Nov 19, 2009, at 11:04 AM, Joe Baldwin wrote:

> Sorry for asking an elementary question, but I am still converting some of my legacy
code from the previous versions of Cayenne.

> When I am deleting an entity with a to-many relationship, (example: parent, parent.getChildList()),
can I still employe the method "deleteObjects()"?

> (This was pretty easy to do when I was using the DataContext but now that I have switched
over to object context, I don't have access to this method any longer.)