cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Object Caching
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 11:59:55 GMT

On Nov 13, 2009, at 1:44 PM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

> 2. Do you really want to fetch 2.5 million rows? If so, I assume
> this is not a user interface :-)  Perhaps Cayenne (or any ORM for
> that matter) is not the best way to batch process that many rows.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing, but didn't want to second guess
too much. The discussion was still useful, as I we may fix some of the
issues discussed here (such as single-row prefetch resolving), but
there is an ORM overhead, and that's unavoidable.

Cayenne can still be helpful to get the data out, but using
ResultIterator/DataRows is probably the way to go.

Andrus