cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Sales Manager <websa...@pickerssupply.com>
Subject Managing Result Sets
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 14:51:39 GMT
I have a question concerning the rules associated with the standard algorithm that controls
the release of Cayenne data objects.

1. Lets say we do a select query and a result set list of 100 data objects is returned.
2. Only one of those data object is needed by the app and an app-level container keeps a reference
to that one data object.
3. The reference to the result set is set to null.

Question:

Will the entire list (excluding the one referenced data object) be garbage collected, or will
the entire result set be retained?

(I assume that it is the former, I just want to make sure that I have not missed some step
that I am responsible for.)

Thanks,
Joe