cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Hans Pikkemaat <h.pikkem...@tsi-solutions.nl>
Subject Re: Object Caching
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 08:07:35 GMT
Hi,

So this means that if I use a generic query that the query results are
always stored
completely in the object store (or the query cache if I configure it).

Objects are returned in a list so as long I have a reference to this
list (because I'm
traversing it) these objects are not garbage collected.

If I use the query cache the full query results are cached. This means
that I can only
tell it to remove the whole query.

Effectively this means I'm unable to run a big query and process the
results as a stream.
So I cannot process the first results and then somehow make them
available for
garbage collection.

The only option I have would be the iterated query but this is only
usefull for queries
one 1 table without any relations because it is not possible to use
prefetching nor is
it possible to manually construct relations between obects.

My conclusion here is that cayenne is simply not suitable for doing
large batch wise
query processing because of the memory implications.

tx

HPI

--
	TSi Solutions
Neptunusstraat 25

Tel. +31 (0)88 - 25 00 000
Fax. +31 (0)88 - 25 00 122
Hans Pikkemaat
Java Developer (Services Team)
	E-mail: h.pikkemaat@tsi-solutions.nl <mailto:h.pikkemaat@tsi-solutions.nl>
  	www.tsi-solutions.nl <http://www.tsi-solutions.nl/>
www.toeristiek.nl <http://www.toeristiek.nl/>

10 jaar TSi Solutions
... marktleider in het automatiseren en outsourcen van werkprocessen in
de reisbranche
... toonaangevende partij voor het verzamelen, structureren en
beschikbaarstellen van reiscontent
... Reisrevue Innovatieveer 2008 - Veervolle vermelding
... Winnaar Reisrevue Innovatieveer 2009
... Top 20 positie in 2008 Deloitte Technology Fast50 Nederland
... Top 10 positie in 2009 Deloitte Technology Fast50 Benelux
... genomineerd voor Technology 500 EMEA 2009
TSi Solutions is de handelsnaam van Travel Service International
b.v.[KvK 06091935]
DISCLAIMER: De informatie opgenomen in dit bericht kan vertrouwelijk
zijn en is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde.
Indien u dit bericht onterecht ontvangt, wordt u verzocht de inhoud niet
te gebruiken en de afzender direct te informeren door het bericht te
retourneren.
The information contained in this message may be confidential and is
intended to be exclusively for the addressee.
Should you receive this message unintentionally, please do not use the
contents herein and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail.