cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Miloš Bielik <bie...@kyberos.sk>
Subject Re: DataContext, webapp and serialization
Date Sun, 01 Nov 2009 13:22:05 GMT
Bryan Lewis  wrote / napísal(a):
> We had a similar problem.  We had several variants of cayenne.xml and one
> was chosen by our model code at run-time.  However Tomcat by default
> serializes sessions and recreates them at start-up, before our code gets a
> chance to do its thing.  We had an instance of our model stored in the
> Visit, which of course is stored in the session, so Tomcat tried to recreate
> it.
>
> A couple of possible fixes:
>
> If you have such an instance variable stored in the visit/session, make sure
> it's marked transient.

Thanks for hint. Yes, may be this is the only workaround we can do in
this situation: unbind DataContext from session before serialization
(HttpSessionActivationListener.sessionWillPassivate) and re-bind new one
after deserialization (HttpSessionActivationListener.sessionDidActivate).
> Disable Tomcat's session persistence.

We need session persistence to be able keep users authenticated and
authorized in case of upgrades/updates (24/7 availability).

--
Milos Bielik
KYBEROS Group, Ltd