cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Lucas Holt <l...@foolishgames.com>
Subject Re: Cayenne and SqlLite, Cayenne 3.0 vs. 2.0
Date Sat, 17 Oct 2009 14:33:39 GMT

On Oct 16, 2009, at 5:09 PM, Eric Lazarus wrote:

> Folks
>
> Are people building new systems on Cayenne 3.0 or 2.0, mostly? What
> is recommended? (We have been deeply back versioned, successfully
> using 1.1 for many years.)

I started on 2.0 with a new project earlier this year. While debugging
another problem, I tried migration to 3.0.  I would highly recommend
going with 3.0M6.  It's working better for us.  If you use the
modeler, it's quite nice in 3.0.  Even if you don't take advantage of
new features in 3.0, it seems to be much more efficient and there are
subtle documentation improvements.

Lucas Holt
Luke@FoolishGames.com
MidnightBSD.org (Free OS)