cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cayenne and SqlLite, Cayenne 3.0 vs. 2.0
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 21:40:35 GMT
Yes, I'd recommend H2, Hsqldb, or derby.

I use H2 these days for small projects.  I used to use hsqldb.   Derby
didn't seem to offer any advantage over these when I'd looked at it in
the past, but it's still probably better than a non-java db.

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 5:21 PM, John Armstrong <siberian@gmail.com> wrote:
> I use Derby for this. Its embedded. Its java. It works exceptionally well.
>
> John-
>
> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Eric Lazarus <ericllazarus@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Folks
>>
>> Are people building new systems on Cayenne 3.0 or 2.0, mostly? What is recommended?
(We have been deeply back versioned, successfully using 1.1 for many years.)

>> I am about to release a threat modeling tool as an open source desktop system and
I would like to have it save its data to a local, very low maintanane database. I was thinking
SqlLite. Is it practical for me to save/retieve my objects to SqlLite via Cayenne? It seems
that Sqlite is supported only in 3.0 not in 2.0.6. How stable is the current release 3.0M6?

>> Is it possible or desireable to add the sqlite package from 3.0 to the 2.0 system?
>>
>> Is there another database that is so low maintance that I could consider using it
as a personal data store for a desktop app that IS well supported by Cayenne in 2.0, if 2.0
is recommended for current development/depolyment?