cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Model Refactor, move table from one Map to Another
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 21:24:22 GMT
You can always edit the xml file by hand.
Depending on what you're doing, that sometimes is easier for really
complicated operations.

If I wanted to preserve a table and just the relationships to other
specific tables I knew were going to be in a destination map, I'd
probably delete everything but the tables containing the relationships
I wanted using the modeler, then I'd manually go into the xml file and
remove the tables (but not the relationships) I didn't want, then I'd
copy what remained into the new map's xml file.

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 5:06 PM,  <hans@welinux.cl> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> In order to reuse some logic i'm trying to refactor an old model and i was wondering
if there is a way to move a Table and its associated Entity from one map to another, i'm using
just one domain.

> I tried in the last 3.0M6 modeler, the cut & paste looks very nice, i was crossing
my fingers, but after the move, all the object and db relationships gets broken, the tables
i'm trying to refactor have lots of relationships. May be somebody has writen some script
or knows of some guide for doing this ?