cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Prefetching and iterated queries
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 12:33:37 GMT
You may try "joint prefetching" :

http://cayenne.apache.org/doc20/prefetching.html

This should let the query go through, and the data rows that you get
back will contain data for the joined entity. There are a few caveats
though:

* Cayenne 2.0 uses INNER joins for joint prefetching, potentially
reducing the number of rows in the result. 3.0 correctly uses OUTER
joins, and generally has better prefetching support.

* DataContext.objectFromDataRow(..) will not take prefetching into
account, and will only instantiate the root entity. There's no
workaround (even in 3.0) other than working with data rows without
turning them into objects.

Andrus