cayenne-user mailing list archives

From lenka <lie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PasswordSource if passwordLocation is executable
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 15:09:24 GMT
Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for the answer. Yes, I would like to use the Java
function. But I think I understand it now.

Thank you a lot
Lenka

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Gentry <mgentry@masslight.net>
To: user@cayenne.apache.org
Subject: Re: PasswordSource if passwordLocation is executable
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:42:48 -0400

Hi Lenka,

The passwordSource in the XML is overloaded in this case and should
reference the executable to run along with any parameters it needs.
It looks to me like you are trying to run a Java method?  If so,
you'll need to have a "java ..." command there.  I also suspect you
might could use the URL method.  I've used that in the past to read an
encrypted password off the filesystem.  For that, part of my XML
looked something like:

<login userName="username" encoderClass="my.TripleDESPasswordEncoder"
encoderSalt="94VW4MOreXfvbSbB6ewbfp3XkdoZvgwp" passwordLocation="url"
passwordSource="file:///usr/local/passwords/projectXYZ/password"/>

mrg