cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Prefetching has no effect
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 08:41:34 GMT
Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
>> I'm trying to get a large set of objects using prefetching.
>
> […]
>
>> To me this looks like everything should be available after this query.
>> Nevertheless, Cayenne issues additional queries when I access the
>> RecipientField and Recipient properties:
>
> Now that's interesting.
>
> If the table contains 22.000 records, the additional queries are executed.
>
> If it contains only 100 records, the additional queries are not
> executed, i.e. prefetching works as expected.
>
> Is there some mechanism to limit the size of the object structure built
> using a single query, maybe due to memory issues?

A fellow developer just pointed out that the garbage collector has
probably started to remove the objects that were created based on the
first big query, so that additional queries are launched to re-create them.

For the moment I'm using an SQLTemplate returning data records.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH