cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Borut BolĨina <borut.bolc...@gmail.com>
Subject Using Cayenne Servlet Filter can bring the web application down
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 08:07:04 GMT
Hello,

I think web developers should be given an advice at
http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/web-applications.html that if using Cayenne
Servlet Filter the web application can be brought to a halt if a malicious
user sends lots of  cookie-less requests (every request bounds data context
to a new session). We were testing our app with JMeter and found out we can
not afford to use filter approach.

It would be of most value if some debates from the mailing list about how to
use DataContext based on different web application needs would be at the
http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/obtaining-datacontext.html. What I have in
mind is a tiny cookbook, just two or three recipes, on why it is good to
gave one data context shared for all users, some data context created for
each request, some saved in the session, when not to put dc in the session
etc.

Should I open an issue in the JIRA?

Cheers,
Borut