cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "open.pumpkin" <open.pump...@gmail.com>
Subject Easily Import/Export tables
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2009 09:07:43 GMT
Hello,

Is it possible to export tables using a dedicated cayenne function ?

I would like to export one or more tables (and data), specified by the user
of my application, to import them in another environment (for example from
development to production).

The ideal thing would be a SQL script generated by cayenne, independant of
databases and cayenne (I could use it with Mysql query browser, for
example).

Else, using serialization of cayenne objects ?
Or another possibility ?

The interest is to not manually write SELECT and UPDATE statements.

Thanx.
O.P.