cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Lawrence Gerstley <lawg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Set a query logging level
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2009 21:06:25 GMT
Just following the earlier documentation, and trying to describe to a
team how they can elevate an individual query for debugging purposes.
To whit (from the 2.0 documentation):

When SQL tracing is turned off, it is possible to log the execution of
only certain queries or commits by manually increasing the logging
level of just a specific query above the level configured for the
QueryLogger. This is a very convenient feature for debugging the code,
since it reduces the level of noise in the logs, focusing attention on
the queries that are important. This API is discussed in the FAQ.
(see: http://cayenne.apache.org/doc20/configuring-logging.html)

I agree that this would be useful in our scenario, when we're working
on tuning performance, working on best use of prefetching, etc. So
that was my interest, now that I have log4j working correctly.