cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: Memory Management using Tomcat
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:28:41 GMT
FWIW, I just did a little monitoring with JConsole with my current
development setup: Eclipse, Jetty, Cayenne 3.0M6, Tapesty 5.1, MySQL.
This new application I'm working on sounds similar to yours.  Fairly
lightweight.  After everything loaded in, I was using 20-21 MB of
memory and it stayed steady, even after doing about 100 queries in
Cayenne (I tend to pull back 1-7 records per set-of-queries, but
closer to 2-3 on average).  I'm using session-based data contexts and
on-demand data contexts.  The memory footprint was fine and I'm not
caching (I go get fresh data every query).  I'm not sure why you are
seeing the anomaly you are seeing unless you just need a bit more RAM
for Tomcat to be stable.

mrg