cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Malcolm Edgar <malcolm.ed...@gmail.com>
Subject Query Cache and DataDomain Snap Shot Cache
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 13:34:25 GMT
Hi All,
I am looking to improve the performance of a set of web applications
running. We have one application which is used mainly for
adminsitration/configuration and a number of public facing web applications
which can have a high load.

I have been experimenting with OSCache but the problem I see is that the
query cache and the object cache are not unified, so I sometimes have
situations where the objects from the caches are not consistent.  While the
query cache can timeout, the object cache doesn't, so if another web
application makes an update the object cache in this application is not
updated.

I presume the answer to this problem is using JGroups, if so does anyone
have a configuration where its constrained to localhost. I don't really want
to be broadcasting notification messages across the network.

regards Malcolm Edgar