cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Jamie <ja...@stimulussoft.com>
Subject Re: Relationships Not Propagated
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2009 07:59:15 GMT
Hi Michael

Thanks for the help. Next question. I have a one to many Partner ->
Customer relationship defined.
When creating a new customer, I try to setup the relationship as follows:

          partner.addToCustomers(customer);
          customer.setPartner(partner);

I get a NullPointer, even though customer and partner are not null.

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
org.apache.cayenne.CayenneDataObject.setReverseRelationship(CayenneDataObject.java:385)
    at
org.apache.cayenne.CayenneDataObject.setToOneTarget(CayenneDataObject.java:339)
    at com.stimulus.support.auto._Customer.setPartner(_Customer.java:97)
    at
org.apache.jsp.customerdetail_jsp._jspService(customerdetail_jsp.java:94)
    at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
    at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:374)
    at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:342)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:267)
    at
    at
    at
org.apache.cayenne.conf.WebApplicationContextFilter.doFilter(WebApplicationContextFilter.java:91)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
    at
    at
org.securityfilter.filter.SecurityFilter.doFilter(SecurityFilter.java:188)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
    at
    at
    at
    at
    at
    at
    at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
    at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:849)
    at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:454)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Any ideas?

Jamie