cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrey Razumovsky <razumovsky.and...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DataContext cache WICKET
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2009 15:40:30 GMT
Hi Arnaud,

I haven't worked with Wicket, but...

1. If MyFacade is a singleton, createDataContext() is the correct way to
create a context. getThreadDataContext is used when a context is bound to
every thread, e.g. if you want to have a separate context for every user's
session. This is likely your case. To bind a context to every session, use
something like WebApplicationContextFilter (works only if you have one
domain, you need something more complicated otherwise)

2. If you bind context to a session, as described in #1, you won't have SQL
request at every refresh.

--
Andrey