cayenne-user mailing list archives

From John Armstrong <siber...@siberian.org>
Subject Problem with Database Generated IDs and Firebird
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2009 05:50:05 GMT
I am attempting to use database generated IDs with Cayenne 3.0M5 and
Firebird. Even though isGenerated="true" on the proper column it still
queries the AUTO_PK_SUPPORT table.

Even more problematic is that the SQL generated seems invalid:

=== updated 1 row.
INSERT INTO CLIENT (ACTIVECLIENT, CLIENTID, CLIENTSETTINGS,
CLIENTVERSION, COMPANY, ID, LASTUPDATE) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
[bind: 1->ACTIVECLIENT:NULL, 2->CLIENTID:'CLTSun Aug 16 22:39:58 PDT
200...', 3->CLIENTSETTINGS:200, 4->CLIENTVERSION:200, 5->COMPANY:260,
6->LASTUPDATE:200, 7->LASTUPDATE:NULL]
=== updated 1 row.

Pay particular attention to argument 6 and 7. In the insert field list
it names 6 as 'ID' (which should not be there) but in the actual
insert it pushes 7 (LASTUPDATE) into 6 as the integer it got from
AUTO_PK_SUPPORT (200 in this case) and then sets LASTUPDATE to null.

I have not tried M6, I've had bad luck with the M6 modeler, so before
I wrestle with M6 and see if this is problem still exists has anyone
else seen it?

Note that this works fine with mysql.. It seems FBDriver specific.

John-