cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Nishant Neeraj <nneeraj...@yahoo.com>
Subject many-to-many relationship does not work in Cayenne.
Date Sat, 22 Aug 2009 21:41:26 GMT
Hi,

I have been trying to get a demo with Cayenne. Looks like
Cayenne does not like the schema the DAOs created are a mess. They have
texts like $importUtils.addType(${rel.TargetEntity.ClientClassName})
where you expect a method paramter.

I was creating the following relation-ship for a magzine-subscriber management.

(category) -|----(one to many)----<  (magazines)
(magazines) -|----(one to many)----<  (magazine_issues)
(magazine_issues) >----(many to one)----|-  (subscribers)

basically,
magazine_issues stores the information that which magazine is assigned
to which subscriber. so, everytime a order for a magazine comes there
is a row created in magazine_issues table.

The relationship that I have added in modeler is

category to magazine To Dep PK (checked), to many
 (checked)

magazine to category To Dep PK (un-checked), to many (un-checked)
magazine to magazine_issues To Dep PK (checked), to many (checked)

magazine_issue to magazine To Dep PK (un-checked), to many (un-checked)
magazine_issues to subscribers To Dep PK (un-checked), to many (un-checked)

subscribers to magazine_issues To Dep PK (checked), to many (checked)

--------

with
these setting now when I try to create DAOs I get lot of placeholder
sort of code like
$importUtils.addType(${rel.TargetEntity.ClientClassName})

Can anyone explain me what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks
Nishant

      Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more. Click here http://cricket.yahoo.com