cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PostgreSQL schemas for multi-tenant application
Date Sun, 26 Jul 2009 13:26:26 GMT
Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
> Hi Cayenne users & devs,
>
> I'm currently designing the DB + ORM layer for a multi-tenant
> application, using PostgreSQL 8.3 and Cayenne 2.0.4.
>
> After some research it looks like PostgreSQL schemas are a pretty decent
> way to achieve the separation of the tenant data on the DB level.
> Unfortunately, it looks like multiple schemas are not supported by Cayenne.

I just noticed that the DbEntity class has a schema property. Would the
following approach work?

Create a DB entity for each table in each schema, e.g. users_schema1,
users_schema2 etc.

To run a query:

DbEntity entity = dataMap.getDbEntity("users_" + schemaName);
SelectQuery query = new SelectQuery(entity, expression);

TIA!

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO