cayenne-user mailing list archives

From sridhar devatha <devatha.srid...@gmail.com>
Subject Modification and deletion of data objects
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 04:47:08 GMT
Hi,

I have view layer, business layer and data access layer. Each have separate
class for carrying data. But, in data access layer, the object / class used
for carrying data is respective data objects. I don't send these objects
beyond my data access layer. Rather I create business objects populated with
data object data. When the business functions call data access layer for any
of the CRUD operations, they pass these business objects. I convert these
business objects to data objects(So, I will create data object every time I
need to convert business object to data object. So, what happens when the
two data objects(one dataobject is created while retrieving data. We send
the data as business object to business layer. one data object is created
when the user returns the modified  data in the form of business object) of
the same class exist with the same data? How can I modify and delete the
respective rows of these data objects? Please answer any body. I did not
find any example that does the modification.

Yours Sincerely,
Devatha Sridhar