cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Øyvind Harboe <oyvind.har...@zylin.com>
Subject Re: null pointer exception while committing new object.
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2009 06:23:55 GMT
On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 5:59 AM, sridhar
devatha<devatha.sridhar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am getting null pointer exception while committing new object. I committed
> several other objects of different classes using cayenne's
> datacontext.commitchanges. But, i am unable to commit this object.

You're not providing enough context to make any decent guesses
about what's wrong. If you make a post where you explain what
version you're running of Cayenne, what you're code is doing,
what happened(including stack trace for NPE) what you expected,
then you stand a better chance of the list providing some help.

However, one problem that I've run into with web + cayenne applications
is that your object may have been serialized and deserialized, but that's
just a shot in the dark.

--
Øyvind Harboe
Embedded software and hardware consulting services