cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Tobias Schoessler <tobias.schoess...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sync cayenne cache in two web apps
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 20:16:38 GMT
well i am reading this from the documentation:

"... At the minimum, JMS setup requires a JMS server running, and subjects
for each of the DataDomains to be configured. JavaGroups is peer-to-peer
library that is embedded into applications. Default configuration provided
by CayenneModeler will work out of the box, provided that IP multicast is
enabled on the network."

for the JMS solution the JMS server setup is a problem
for the JavaGroups setup the "IP multicast is enabled on the network."  is a
problem

so  for the custom tranport mechanism that you mentioned I stumbled upon
this here

http://jee-bpel-soa.blogspot.com/2009/06/session-sharing-in-apache-tomcat.html

which seems to describe cross context data sharing on tomcat web contexts

but is there any code to look at to see how a custom transport mechanism can
be setup?

Tobias