cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Emanuele Maiarelli <evvd...@yahoo.it>
Subject Re: Different DataContext
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 13:56:59 GMT
You welcome Reinout,

    I'm not familiar with Apache Wicket, and honeslty i'd like frameworks will handle all
ThreadLocal/contexts issues...
and in the case of Wicket im not sure if there's a better way than the one i suggested

________________________________
Da: Reinout van Schouwen <reinout@gmail.com>
A: user@cayenne.apache.org
Inviato: Mercoledì 22 luglio 2009, 15:47:01
Oggetto: Re: Different DataContext

Hi,

2009/7/22 Mike Kienenberger <mkienenb@gmail.com>:
> If you know that Person is not in a modified state, you can make a
> local copy of Person in your nameObj's data context.

Thanks, Mike and Emanuele, getting the object context from the nameObj
indeed solves the problem.

Is this something to be aware of at all times? I.e. when creating a
link between two objects, is it best practice to retrieve the
datacontext from either one, and handle both objects from that
context?

--
Reinout van Schouwen
http://vanschouwen.info/