cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Cayenne logging
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 14:59:41 GMT
Andrus,

I have not used log4j very much and definitely am not an expert at
configuring it.  I have not been able to implement the instructions
found at
	http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/configuring-logging.html
so that I can control logging.

Quoting from 3.0M6 docs on your website:
	"Commons-logging allows users to choose their own logging provider,
such as Log4J or java.util.logging."
This is what I was attempting to convey in my last message (sorry, I
was not trying to comment on 2.0 configuration)

Furthermore, when I attempted to implement the example to turn SQL
tracing off:
	log4j.logger.org.apache.cayenne.access.QueryLogger = WARN
I  found that there was no change in the output.

So I can only assume that I am missing some fundamental part of the
primer.  My last theory is that I have either placed my cayenne-
log.properties file in the wrong location, or I my configuration
parameters are incomplete.

Do you have any suggestions.

Joe