cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Cayenne logging
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 16:01:23 GMT
Andrus,

Thanks for the apache logging link.

Concerning:

> In short, when your application starts, and before Cayenne is
> loaded, you have to manually bootstrap log4j using
> PropertyConfigurator class, specifying the config file:
>
>  PropertyConfigurator.configure(myFile);
>
> This way you can't possibly misplace the config file (you'll get an
> exception), and all your logging configuration will be accounted for.

I remember reading this in your docs.  However, since the scenario is
a Tomcat webapp, I am not exactly sure where it is in the code that
the app "starts".  I think that this was a topic in your discussion
(that I read, possibly for an older version), and it suggested that
the cayenne-log.properties should be placed in a hidden directory
".cayenne" in the search path (which, I assume for a WebApp is either
WEB-INF/lib or WEB-INF/config/cayenne-files - if you use the web.xml
filter).   <= could not get either of these to work btw.

I am in total hack-mode and am looking for the "ON/OFF" switch. :)

Joe