cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Jason Ward <jward....@gmail.com>
Subject Cayenne logging
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 14:13:38 GMT
I realize this (basic) question has been asked a lot, but I'm still
struggling to get logging disabled with Cayenne 3.0M6.

I'm using log4j in my web-app and I'm starting tomcat with the
log4j.configDebug=true flag so I can see that my properties file is
loaded before my servlet inits. Despite my best efforts these lines
aren't being honored :

log4j.logger.org.objectstyle.cayenne = OFF
log4j.logger.org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.QueryLogger = OFF
log4j.logger.org.objectstyle.cayenne.conf = OFF
log4j.logger.org.objectstyle.cayenne.util = OFF

...even tho you can see log4j seems to be setting the values appropriately:
log4j: Parsing for [org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.QueryLogger] with
value=[OFF].
log4j: Level token is [OFF].
log4j: Category org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.QueryLogger set to OFF
log4j: Handling
log4j.additivity.org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.QueryLogger=[null]

It seems Cayenne's events head for the rootLogger and only mods to that
have an impact. This really isn't a suitable situation for me because I
need the rootLogger at an INFO level for other components.

Can someone out there steer me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Jason