cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: reverse engineering partially changed schema
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 14:06:56 GMT
Thanks! We'll take a look at it.

>> In general, is there an overview to see the differences of the 3
>> versions
>> 1.x, 2.x and 3.x?

2.0.x is exactly the same as corresponding 1.2.x, only with package
names changed from org.objectstyle to org.apache. 2.0.x is great for
migration from the ObjectStyle releases as it does not introduce any
new functionality.

3.0, while still in development is being used in production by many
companies already. We are trying to wrap up the final release soon,
but there are still a few things to finish. Here is a fairly complete
overview of 3.0 new features already available:

http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/guide-to-30-features.html

The list is pretty long and it has a lot of great things (useable
query caching, leak free DataContext, greatly enhanced Modeler,
lifecycle callbacks, more supported attribute types, including Java 5
enums,  etc., etc.)

Andrus